Access to Camp
There are daily flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town to Hoedspruit [Eastgate Airport]
We offer a transfer shuttle between Eastgate Airport and Camp. It is a 45min drive, with the majority of the journey through the reserve.
Alternatively, you can self drive to camp. It is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg.
Please contact us for transfer reservations or any further detail regarding travel options to camp.
Best Time to Travel
Klaserie Sands River Camp is an all year round safari destination. The best bird-watching period is after the first rains, usually from November until April, when all the migratory birds return. This is also the same time that the seasonal breeders, such as impala, warthogs & wildebeest, produce their offspring.
Summer in the Greater Kruger area is from September to April, while the fine winter months are from May to August. Rainfall months are usually from November to March, peaking in January and February. Average summer daytime temperatures are around 30-40 degree Celsius [86-104 degrees Fahrenheit] and winter daytime temperates range between 20-28 degree Celsius [68-82degrees Fahrenheit]. With KSRC situated on a non-perennial river bed, evening temperatures in winter can drop to below zero.
DIRECTIONS FROM JOHANNESBURG
- Travel 6.7km towards Nelspruit on the R40
- Turn left at the Eastgate Airport/Timbavati sign and pass through the first control gate
- Travel 16km, passing Eastgate Airport on your left, until your reach Enkhulu Gate
- Gate Fee is R140 per vehicle
- Please do not follow the signs for Klaserie River Safari Lodge.
- Please do not make use of your GPS when you have entered the Enkhulu Gate , as it has been known to take the incorrect and smaller dirt roads, extending your travel time and chances of getting lost.
- Once you have passed through the Enkhulu Gate, continue on for 21km.
- Turn left at the 21km marker and the sign that reads Xanetseni, Senalala and Klaserie Sands.
- Proceed for 9km on the dirt road, following the Klaserie Sands signs
- Continue straight at the four way junction.
- You will pass Hilltops on your left and shortly thereafter, you will reach the Klaserie Sands entrance.