Chef Steven's Famous Fudge Recipe
There's nothing like a delicious sweet treat in the afternoon before an action-packed game drive. Our chefs are also talented bakers and love to indulge our guests with some of their favourite sweet recipes! Loved Steven's fudge during your visit to Klaserie Sands? He's shared his long-withheld recipe so that you can have a taste of Klaserie Sands in your very own home.
Steven's Almond Fudge Recipe
Makes 16 small squares.
- 1 can (385g) condensed milk
- 450g sugar
- 125g butter
- 150ml full cream milk
- Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 packet (100g) whole salted almonds (Not a fan of nuts? Simply leave them out. Want to mix it up? Try using toasted coconut flakes instead of almonds!)
- Place ingredients, except almonds, in a saucepan and heat over a low temperature until sugar has dissolved (wash remaining crystals from side of pan with a brush dipped in water)
- Boil, stirring constantly, until bubbles become large and glassy
- Remove from heat and beat with a wooden spoon until thick and fudge-like
- Press into a 20 x 20cm baking tray lined with baking paper to set
- Unmould and cut into 16 squares
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks - if you can resist!