There are daily flights between Johannesburg and Hoedspruit; and between Cape Town and Hoedspruit.
Transfers must be arranged to the lodge, from Eastgate Airport. It is a 45min road transfer from Eastgate [Hoedspruit] Airport to Klaserie Sands River Camp.
Private Charter companies fly from Nelspruit and Johannesburg, and include Federal Air, Genair, Execujet and Bateleur.
Best time to travel
Klaserie Sands River Camp is an all year round safari destination. The best bird-watching period is after the first rains, usually from November until April, when all the migratory birds return. This is also the same time that the seasonal breeders, such as impala, warthogs & wildebeest, produce their offspring.
Summer in the Greater Kruger area is from September to April, while the fine winter months are from May to August. Rainfall months are usually from November to March, peaking in January and February. Average summer daytime temperatures are around 30-40 degree Celsius [86-104 degrees Fahrenheit] and winter daytime temperates range between 20-28 degree Celsius [68-82degrees Fahrenheit]. With KSRC situated on a non-perennial river bed, evening temperatures in winter can drop to below zero.
- From Hoedspruit take the R40 towards Nelspruit/White River, turning left off on the Timbavati/Klaserie/Eastgate road [24°23’58.32”S 30°59’26.42”E]
- Travel 20km on this road until you reach the Enkhulu Gate. Entrance Fee is R140 per vehicle
- Please do not make use of your GPS when you have entered the Enkhulu Gate , as it has been known to take the incorrect and smaller dirt roads, extending your travel time and chances of getting lost.
- After passing through the gate, continue for 21km until the Xanatseni/Klaserie Sands turnoff.
- Turn left here and Travel for 9km on the dirt road. (Make sure to check your odometer here)
- Follow the Klaserie Sands signs all along this dirt road.
- When you reach the 4 way junction keep right/straight and continue on, following the Klaserie Sands signs along the way.
- You will reach the Klaserie Sands guest entrance sign on your right.